Sunday, April 7, 2013

springtime sightings

As soon as I exited the Rochester airport yesterday, I knew spring was in the air.

I was waiting at the arrivals' curb for my ride when I saw Big Bird crossing to the ramp garage.  A blur of bright yellow, the color of springtime daffodils, was striding across the access road.  It must be Big Bird!


Too stunned to reach for my camera, I'm unable to post an image for you here, but believe me when I say it was a vision to behold.  On further eye-popping examination, I realized it was not Big Bird but rather an enormous woman wearing skin-tight Big Bird-yellow leggings., topped with a cobalt blue waist-length jacket (no hiding those hips).  She waddled just like Big Bird.  Maybe I'm wrong...maybe it really was Big Bird.

When I got home, I had my second springtime sighting.  The crocus plants by the front door were up and blooming:



Spring is definitely on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment